SHOULD YOUR LIVEJOURNAL BE AVOIDED?Score one point for each violation. Get three points or more, and the answer is YES.
Livejournals to avoid:
- Anyone complaining at length about their PARENTS
- Anyone who posts more than twice a day.
- Anyone soliciting "donations" with an [expletive] PayPal icon.
- Anyone who averages more than one quiz result a week, unless THEY WROTE THE QUIZ.
- Anyone who always turns the contrast WAY UP on their webcam, icon, or photos to make themselves look like a pale goth or [expletive] Gwen Stefani. (What, you think you're sexier with no nose? Is that it!?)
- Anyone with an LJ icon that:
A. Is [expletive] animated faster than 2fps
B. Shows their [expletive] cleavage. (GIRLS OR GUYS. Your BOOBIES are NOT SPECIAL.)
C. Is a picture of their favorite rock star. On that note:
- Anyone who POSTS SONG LYRICS more than ONE STANZA LONG.
- Anyone who posts poetry that they claim is a "rough draft". (Hint: Rough drafts of poetry belong in either a private folder until they are done, or in THE TRASH.)
- Anyone who posts poetry that contains the phrase "liquid cosmic gone". (As my friend put it: "wtf is she like a geeky joni mitchell?")
- Anyone who posts an excerpt from an online chat without editing it for clarity.
- Anyone who lists their mood as "bouncy" (Unless they are actually BOUNCING UP AND DOWN)
- Anyone who, without irony, abbreviates "Oh My God" to "OMG" in a post.
- Anyone who doesn't know what paragraphs are.
- Anyone who constantly posts pictures of:
A. WHAT THEY ARE EATING (The name 'giggles' comes to mind here)
B. Themselves in an erotic or suggestive pose, and then DENIES that they are "cam-whoring".
C. Pictures of their EX-girlfriend or boyfriend.
- Anyone YOU used to date, then had a bad breakup with.
- Anyone whose bio page contains the phrase, "I'm an alpha female, a mama wolf." (Get the hell over yourself.)
- Anyone with a tiled picture for a background, that is also ANCHORED to the top of the browser window
- Anyone who feels the need to publicly apologize for altering their "friends list".
- Anyone who complains, EVER, that they are not getting "enough" comments, or being ignored. There may be reasons!
- Anyone who doesn't list 'The Braindead Monkeys' as a favorite band
So, how'd you all score? Don't worry, with practice and hard work, you too can turn your LJ into a journal to be avoided!
>\.))...''' \)"I think the thing to be aware of, when hanging out with _____, is that just under the surface, she's always doing something: Proving to herself that she is great. Every now and then, you may get the feeling that you are just a prop in a play she puts on for her own internal audience."