I’m a pretty technical guy, but setting up a personal blog was still much harder than I expected. This is what it was like:
- Order a printing press in the mail. Set it up in your front yard.
- Go to a farmyard and steal a tractor. Drive it home, then rip all the controls off. Weld them onto the printing press.
- Borrow a moving van. Wait until nightfall, then detach all the mailboxes from the houses on your street. Throw them in the van.
- Rent a flatbed trailer and a winch. Haul the printing press up onto the trailer and attach it to the moving van.
- Acquire a used houseboat. Knock down some of the rooms, then drive the van onto the boat.
- If the whole thing doesn’t sink, cast off and float around.
- Fire up the printing press and stamp out 50,000 copies of the first thing that pops into your head.
- Cram 1000 copies into each mailbox.
- Drive the van off the houseboat, into the water.
- Congratulations, you have just blogged.
That sums it up. Except it was even more complicated, time-consuming, and ridiculous than that. On the other hand, I am now having a good time. :)